Success! This alert box could indicate a successful or positive action.
Info! This alert box could indicate a neutral informative change or action.
Warning! This alert box could indicate a warning that might need attention.
Required! This alert box could indicate a dangerous or potentially negative action.

We have you covered

  • HMRC Recognised Services   
  • ISO Certified for Information Security   
  • PCI-DSS Compliant for Secure Payments   
  • UK VAT Registered    
  • XBRL(UK) Member   


  • 800 3579 468


The information is provided as a guide only and is not professional advice including legal advice. Although we try our best to ensure the accuracy of the information on this website, you rely on it at your own risk. You should obtain specific professional advice before taking action.

Who should file company tax return?

Criteria to file company tax returns with HMRC

All business have a legal obligation to report annually the financial health of their business to the regulating authority. One of which is you must complete and submit Company Tax Return through Form CT600 with HMRC and pay Corporation Tax on profits from doing business. The profit or loss calculations for the purpose of filing company tax return is different from the profit or loss shown in your annual accounts while filing with Companies House.

In the UK, you will have to file company tax return annually, if you are registered as:

  • a limited company
  • any foreign company with a UK branch or office

The following organisations may also need to file the company tax returns even if they're not incorporated but starts trading:

  • Members Clubs
  • Societies and associations
  • Trade associations
  • Housing associations
  • Groups of individuals carrying out a business (such as co-operatives)

Your company or association must file a Company Tax Return if you get a notice “to deliver a Company Tax Return” from HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). Even if your company is loss-making or you have no Corporation Tax due, you still need to declare that with HMRC.

It is worth mentioning here that the responsibility of the submitting company tax return and paying the tax on time lies with the company director - even if the company uses external professional services to prepare their accounts and financial statements.

If your business is registered as a sole trader or partnership, instead of filing company tax return, you will file self-assessment tax return.

Read Next :

HMRC Company Tax Returns filing | What should you include in CT600 filing?

How To Prepare iXBRL and File CT600

Simple 4-step process to convert your annual financial statements to iXBRL and file company tax returns with HMRC.

1. Sign In

to create your account online and manage iXBRL files

2. Pay and Upload

necessary documents in Excel, Word or PDF format

3. Download

iXBRL package when ready within required turnaround time

4. Submit

CT600 with iXBRL to HMRC. We assist you in filing.

Request a call back

Do you need help? Leave us a message.We will get back to you within 60 minutes.

Thanks for showing interest with our service. Our team will arrange a call-back for you.
Error occurred while sending email. Please try again later.
Spontaneous Feedback about our iXBRL services

What Our Customers Say

Sensible Price...

I was very impressed with your service and sensible price based upon the actual size of the Company and relevant accounts.

SW Development Company

Great Customer Service...

I really appreciate it! You most certainly have shown me a great customer service.

Garments Retail Company

Will recommend...

Thank you and the fintag team for your help. As always the service is professional and very much appreciated. I will recommend you if ever I am asked for tagging services.

Chief Accountant
US/UK based Accounting Services Firm

Prompt turnaround...

Thank you for submitting this - and for such a prompt turnaround..

Real Estate Company

Will bear in mind for future...

Please thank your team for all of your help with the filing. I’ll bear you guys in mind for the future.

A firm of Chartered Accountants

Very pleased...both in speed and quality

I used your service for a few of our entities now and have been very pleased with your work both in terms of speed and quality.

Company Secretary
A well respected Business Group