Process involved in HMRC CT600 filing
Options for converting financial statements to iXBRL format
What documents are required for submitting Company Tax Return to HMRC?
The online CT submission pack filed through the Government Gateway will need to consist of the following attachments:
- Corporate Tax Return forms (Form CT600) in XML;
- Corporation Tax computation in iXBRL;
- Statutory annual accounts of the legal entity in iXBRL (using right taxonomy);
- Other supporting schedules in pdf.
What are the key information that has to completed in the CT600 Form
The table outlines the key information that has to be entered while completing the CT600 Form
|Key Information to be filled||Details to be filled|
|Company information |
|basic company details|
|About this return |
|state the accounting period the return relates to|
|About this return |
|tick the box to say whether the accounts are for the period you've stated, or a different period|
|Tax calculation |
|state your company's turnover from the profit and loss account.|
|enter the figures for all income received by your business |
Box 155 Adjusted profit from the corporation tax computation.
Box 160 Trading losses brought forward and offset in this accounting period.
Box 170 Income from non-trading loan relationships â€“ bank interest.
Box 190 Property income.
|Chargeable gains |
|specify your chargeable gains and allowable losses|
|Profits before deductions and reliefs |
|this is the amount on which corporation tax is chargeable - but you can also specify certain losses|
|Deductions and reliefs |
|detail any trading losses, capital allowances, expenses and reliefs|
|Tax calculation |
|calculate the corporation tax due for the period.|
What are the Corporation Tax allowances?
There are some Corporation Tax allowances that can be deducted when calculating out how much tax you owe. These allowable expenses have to be cost incurred for the exclusive purpose of running your business.
Examples of Corporation Tax allowable expenses you may be able to claim include mileage, accommodation, and training. The expenses must be necessary to the business and â€˜wholly and exclusivelyâ€™ for business purposes, else it must be treated as benefit. For example, costs such as entertaining clients arenâ€™t allowed for Corporation Tax allowance.
Purchases of business assets that you keep to use in your business, such as equipment, machinery, and vehicles, are not allowed to be deducted from your companyâ€™s income when calculating your taxable profit. In these instances, you may be able to claim capital allowances.
What are the Corporation Tax reliefs?
There are Corporation Tax reliefs available that you can potentially use to minimise your Corporation Tax bill.
- Research & Development (R&D) Relief: you may be able to claim this if your company works on innovative projects in science and technology.
- The Patent Box: on profits earned from patented inventions and certain other innovations you may be able to claim a lower rate of Corporation Tax
- Creative industry tax reliefs: Companies involved in the creative industries (film, television, video gaming, etc) may be able to claim a larger deduction when calculating taxable profits.
- Disincorporation Relief: a relief that allows a company to transfer assets to its shareholders (for instance when it changes from a limited company to a sole trader or partnership) without the company incurring a Corporation Tax charge on the disposal of those assets.
- Terminal, capital and property income losses, and trading losses: you could be eligible if you make a loss from trading, the sale or disposal of a capital asset or on property income
- Marginal Relief may also be available if your company had profits between Â£300,000 and Â£1.5 million that were from before 1 April 2015
Who can assist in preparing financial statements in IXBRL format and filing CT600 with HMRC
As the process is complex and detailed and also involves converting financial statements to iXBRL format, most companies prefer to outsource this job to a professional service provider.
FinTags offers a one-stop-shop solution in
- converting your financial statements to iXBRL format,
- calculating and preparing your tax computations in iXBRL format,
- completing Form CT600 and
- filing the company tax returns with HMRC
FinTags. HMRC Recognised iXBRL Tagging Services Provider.Our competitive differentiators designed to benefit our customers
FinTags is a compelling choice for companies seeking to outsource their iXBRL reporting process. FinTags team have the experience of being involved in preparing XBRL reports right from the time iXBRL filing was mandated in UK by HMRC in 2011. The team is also experienced in preparing XBRL reports for subsequent mandates in Ireland, India, Singapore, South Africa and Malaysia.
To benefit our clients, we offer meaningful differentiating features from our competitors such as
- Simple and sensible pricing: Our XBRL tagging services fees is based on actual number of pages tagged and not based on page bands. We accepts financial statements in Excel / Word or pdf formats and our iXBRL tagging services fees remains the same. Also irrespective of the applicable accounting standard, our XBRL tagging services fees is the same.
- No-questions-asked-refund policy: Our competitors assure quality, assured filing with the regulator and on time delivery. We go one step ahead - all our customer facing employees are authorized to refund money without any questions if you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service.